Monday, November 12, 2007

Mattheology....

So Matti came home from Awana's last nite on a sugar high with much to say...
It hasn't been a great couple of weeks at the Ward house with colds, and allergies, and wrecks and gas cans spilling in mini-vans...those sorts of things... but back to the point; Matti came home from Awana's last night and told us about the birthday party and the cupcakes and then dug into his cereal.
About 2 bites in his eyes lit up, his eyebrows shot up to the ceiling and his "preacher hand" started waving..."we talked about Noah....he built 2 boats".
So I took the bait - "why two boats Matti?"
Another sloppy bite of raisin bran and then that look that says "mom sometimes I pity you and all you don't know" - and he patiently explained "Mom, I saw the movie 2 times and everytime he builds a boat".
Yes we have just recently become the owners of "Evan Almighty".
And we laughed - we really all needed to laugh.

A couple nights before this mom was standing in as nighttime bible reader while dad was preserving freedom and such somewhere else on the planet. I decided to read about Goliath the Giant. Matti didn't appear to really even be paying attention - but then he excitedly ran to my lap and said "just like me mommy, just like me - I like Giant - He likes chocolate doughnuts just like me".

I'm not much on bribing kids - mostly because I really don't expect the 10th grade chemistry teacher to tell my kids if you do your homework I'll buy you a Big Mac - but for other reasons too - I just don't do it. But while potty training - things are a bit different - and I do reward.
So at the entrance of our neighborhood is a grocery story called "Giant" where after achieving success at eliminating toxins in the potty Matti would get to go to have his chocolate doughnut.

So somehow Goliath the Giant turned into a chocolate doughnut eating pal for Matti- and now they're just alike. A truly religious moment for my little man.

You'll be happy to know I've returned the reigns of Ward Bible Reader to Jeff whom I've also got convinced that staying home and preserving sanity might be a better use of his time!

2 comments:

Kinney Kids Parents said...

I love that kid!

The Gotbeters said...

What a blessing little ones are! Hope that you all are doing well!

Cindy & the Wards

Cindy & the Wards
June 2008

Welcome....

The Ward 5....

Abby's finishing her freshman year in high school.

Michael's 7 and we're finishing our first year of homeschooling.

Matti's 4 and spends his time at preschool and on the trampoline knocking out teeth!

Jeff's in the 89th Squadron at Andrews AFB flying 737's and being the Director of Personnel.

I am knee deep in answered prayers, goldfish and calendars!