Monday, February 11, 2008

invisible gifts.....

i laid down to sleep last nite and an inventory of prayer needs flooded my mind.
no sooner than i thought about some of these needs though my spirit switched gears and i suddenly started thinking about people who had prayed for me.

i started seeing faces of people who prayed with me during my 10 years of infertility. people who prayed years ago that God would bless Jeff's career and give him favor. people who prayed for me when i stepped out in faith and __________ did any number of things i didn't think i could do or people who prayed us thru the addition of abby, or people who prayed me thru countless surgeries.....

it didn't take long to become completely overwhelmed - especially when i realized that so many of those people never got to see the results - the ones who prayed for me thru infertility treatment in Georgia - have yet to meet my kids (all 3 of them), the ones who prayed for jeff to finish flight school 15 years ago when all bets were off have no idea that he's proficient in several airplanes and has an amazing career still in action. the ones who prayed thru abby - have no idea what a gorgeous, strong, stable (as stable as teenagers can be) young woman she is. those that prayed me thru surgeries don't get to share with me the days that turn into months that turn into years with no pain.

but did they ever invest.

i may be in one of my more analytical states - but how do you ever reconcile that? what kind of love is that? what a gift!

how not-alone i am and how not-alone I have always been.

Hebrews has in it one of my favorite thoughts "we have around us many people whose lives tell us what faith means. so let us run the race that is before us and never give up". (Heb 12:1 NCV)

everytime you pray for someone - whether in paragraphs or short cries - you are taking your faith and investing it in the lives of other saints.

so pray for me and I'll pray for you - and we'll let that crowd of witnesses in the heavenlies cheer us on - and we'll keep praying and praying and praying and thanking God for all those praying for us.

bottom line - if you've prayed for me - thanks. you just wouldn't believe what a great job God did with your prayers.

and yes, I'll pray for you - just ask.


7 comments:

Unknown said...

I still pray for you!! I think of you all the time, and whenever I need to encourage someone that God takes personal interest in our lives and hears our cries, I tell them about you.
Did you get my email?? I'm seriously thinking about coming to see you, if you'll have me and my 15 year-old alien child.
Terri

Anonymous said...

You are one amazing woman, and I am on blessed man

The Gotbeters said...

We are always praying for you guys! I just love everything taht you write Cindy, thank you so much for sharing your gift with me!

Anonymous said...

TALK ABOUT BLESSED--WHAT MOM & DAD COULD NOT, ARE WOULD NOT REJOICE FOR THE GIFT GOD SO BLESSED THEM WITH, IN A DAUGHTER.
THE THING I DON'T UNDERSTAND; IS WHY DO WE NOT GET ONE OF YOUR WRITINGS AT LEAST ONCE A WEEK? THEY ARE SPIRITUAL FOOD AND FUN FOR MOM & I, NOT TO MENTION THE STUFF WE GET TO SHARE ABOUT THE KIDS. TELL THE COL. WE ARE EQUALLY PROUD OF HIM, AND THE WAY HE DILIGENTLY GOES ABOUT PROVIDING FOR OUR DAUGHTER AND OUR BABIES. WE LOVE YA'LL SO VERY MUCH. THANKS FOR SHARING YOUR THOUGHTS, SO BEAUTIFULLY WITH US--------DAD & MOM

thouartloosed said...

Cindy,
Wow. This was powerful and very timely for me.
God bless.
Kathy

Anonymous said...

You know me, I can only keep silent for so long. I truly enjoy reading your thoughts/stories. They are inspirational, motivating and the best part is, they make me smile. You are blessed to have so many people that are and have prayed for you. There is no greater gift then a friend that prays. I love that you are my friend and that you will be with me and praying for me during this VERY exciting time in my life. God is working in a big way and I can't wait to see what He has planned for both of us. I am thrilled beyond words that you are going back to school. I know that this is a dream come true for you. Thank God for answered prayers!

Rebecca

Anonymous said...

i really enjoyed reading the part about prayers being investments. that is soo encouraging.

Cindy & the Wards

Cindy & the Wards
June 2008

Welcome....

The Ward 5....

Abby's finishing her freshman year in high school.

Michael's 7 and we're finishing our first year of homeschooling.

Matti's 4 and spends his time at preschool and on the trampoline knocking out teeth!

Jeff's in the 89th Squadron at Andrews AFB flying 737's and being the Director of Personnel.

I am knee deep in answered prayers, goldfish and calendars!