Friday, July 18, 2008

The hills are alive.....




Ok - that's Austria - but Heidelberg Germany was a hit!

I had read it's the most beautiful town in Germany - don't know about all of that. But I loved it.
The castle is amazing - and dates back to AD1214.
315 steps up to the top (they're numbered) gives a great view of the city and the river below.
The shops, the churches and the restaurants on the streets below were so charming.
And then of course, if you know my love for doors - you'll understand the other picture. I've gotten a few so far that I really like. Still looking for the favorite yet!
We're off to Switzerland!!!!

6 comments:

tara said...

LOVE it!! Of course, because I've been 10 minutes behind for most the last year, I just am catching on that you're on this wonderful trip! I hope you guys have an amazing time!! love you so -

Anonymous said...

Cindy you are amazing!
love you - dad

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful way to re-connect with one another. You continue to amaze me. I am missing you so much and can't wait to catch up. I went through your blog and love all the pictures. It looks like the Wards have been having a wonderful summer. Love you~ Renee'

whitney ann said...

aww, i love reading this! its amazing to see all that God has done, and continues to do, in your family. Love you!

Kinney Kids Parents said...

Okay, so you have three kids to take care of - what other excuse do you have for not updating more often.
Love hearing what is going on with your family. Miss ya

tara said...

WE MISS THE WARDS! WE MISS THE WARDS! (Imagine small children, a choco-holic, and an athletic trainer running around my house chanting...):) love you.

Cindy & the Wards

Cindy & the Wards
June 2008

Welcome....

The Ward 5....

Abby's finishing her freshman year in high school.

Michael's 7 and we're finishing our first year of homeschooling.

Matti's 4 and spends his time at preschool and on the trampoline knocking out teeth!

Jeff's in the 89th Squadron at Andrews AFB flying 737's and being the Director of Personnel.

I am knee deep in answered prayers, goldfish and calendars!