Sunday, August 12, 2007

catching up....

Well it happened to me too. My blog got stale, we've been busy - but of course everyone is. My camera is also acting up and needs immediate attention; so it goes.

I just spent 3 days at the Willow Creek Leadership summit - my first. It was quite good. I've got lots of reading and digesting to do. One of my favorite speakers was Marcus Buckingham - "Go, Put Your Strengths to Work" - loved his concepts and look forward to implementing them in my mommy world. Not to mention he was a Brit and I LOVED his humor.

There was also a pervasive theme to the conference on obliterating global poverty and how the local church really is the hope of the world. In all of that, I was deeply convicted that my christianity is incredibly small - something I feel is probably a great offense to my God.

It was a good weekend - yet another confirmation to me that God works in 3D. If we're willing to listen and engage He really is the great multi-tasker and can speak to our hearts, minds, spirits in a multitude of ways in rapid fire and precision. I'm looking forward to an afternoon with my notes and my journal

The kids and I are off to Alabama for a week or so for vacation time with Grandma and Grandpa and 3 digit heat. Jeff's on his way to Florida for more work on India and their upcoming purchase. So the Wards will be out of pocket for awhile.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

abby is hot

Cindy & the Wards

Cindy & the Wards
June 2008

Welcome....

The Ward 5....

Abby's finishing her freshman year in high school.

Michael's 7 and we're finishing our first year of homeschooling.

Matti's 4 and spends his time at preschool and on the trampoline knocking out teeth!

Jeff's in the 89th Squadron at Andrews AFB flying 737's and being the Director of Personnel.

I am knee deep in answered prayers, goldfish and calendars!