Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Practice your piano!
I had a flashback last night - one that I can actually share. I was sitting at my piano in Hendersonville, Tennessee as a 5th grader and I heard mom saying - yet again - "practice your piano!".
Then I saw myself in High School in Waynesboro Virginia playing for Concert Choir, or at the church or for dad after dinner and for a moment I enjoyed the memories.

But last night was the best gig I've ever had. I sat down at the piano after a long day of mommy duty while dad's out of town and just wanted to get lost for a bit. Somewhere in the middle of my playing, I realized Abby and Michael were in the room dancing together...quietly.
I'm glad I practiced.

1 comment:

Kinney Kids Parents said...

why is it whenever you talk about your kids I get choked up?

Cindy & the Wards

Cindy & the Wards
June 2008

Welcome....

The Ward 5....

Abby's finishing her freshman year in high school.

Michael's 7 and we're finishing our first year of homeschooling.

Matti's 4 and spends his time at preschool and on the trampoline knocking out teeth!

Jeff's in the 89th Squadron at Andrews AFB flying 737's and being the Director of Personnel.

I am knee deep in answered prayers, goldfish and calendars!