Thursday, June 12, 2008

I stand at the door.....

So tonite's devotion was from Revelation 3 where John explains that Jesus stands at the door and knocks.....

The boys were tired, so I read quickly and then read a book on "Faith".

Before we prayed, I asked Michael if Jesus was in his heart. He responded "no, I haven't heard him knock yet".

To which Matti replied, "Michael, Jesus is in my heart, he came thru my stomach and this is what it sounds like, do you hear this?". He then starting playing drums on his belly while I rolled in laughter!!!

-------

Yesterday Jeff was out playing baseball with the boys and something got him frustrated.

Michael offered a work of encouragement; "dad, you just have to have patience."

Jeff told him what a great idea that was and thanks for thinking of it - to which Michael replied, "no problem dad, an old friend told me that once".

Of course Jeff knew immediately that the "old friend" just happened to be me. :)

3 comments:

Kinney Kids Parents said...

These are too cute! Tradd once told me that he wanted to have Jesus in his heart and Jonah in his belly.
I love your kids! - oh yeah and you and Jeff.

The Gotbeters said...

What a great way to start my day! Thank you for sharing!

Forever Young said...

Hilarious!!! I'm laughing so hard I'm crying!!!

Cindy & the Wards

Cindy & the Wards
June 2008

Welcome....

The Ward 5....

Abby's finishing her freshman year in high school.

Michael's 7 and we're finishing our first year of homeschooling.

Matti's 4 and spends his time at preschool and on the trampoline knocking out teeth!

Jeff's in the 89th Squadron at Andrews AFB flying 737's and being the Director of Personnel.

I am knee deep in answered prayers, goldfish and calendars!