Wednesday, June 4, 2008

More mighty Michael....


The birthday countdown continues...2 days to go. Michael is over the top ... mostly he's over the stairs of his bunk bed in the middle of the night because he's too excited to sleep ("mommy, can I sleep with you guys until my excitement goes away?")

Michael is a tender soul. I've decided to homeschool him for reasons I still can't put into words - but I'm hoping one of the end products is a protection of that tender heart.

Right now my mommy radar is detecting a conflict in my mighty warrior this week. He's so excited to finally get to celebrate his birthday at school, but keenly aware that this will be his last day at this precious school with these amazing kids and teachers whom he loves dearly.

Michael tends to be like his mom when it comes to people - he really digs in and listens and remembers. Folks really seem to connect themselves to his little heart. All you need to do is mention someone's name and he can tell you about them. I ask him about his day and instead he tells me about "his people".


Will and Alli? - "Their birthday is on the same day as Abby's - they're twins."

Landon? - "He's funny"

Juliana? - "Her mom thinks she's shy, but she loves to laugh, you just have to be funny."

Jaden? - "he's my Star Wars buddy, his mom sings too mom"

Carter? - "He has a peanut allergy - so mom no goldfish so I can sit at his table for lunch today"

Grace? - "She's been sick, but we've been praying for her. She came back to school, but I think she's still tired."

Mrs. Leake? - "Her daughter is in from college and they had an appointment, ....."


So in the midst of being super excited about his birthday, I think the last day of school is hitting him pretty hard. Again, I thank God for our school - I believe it's the greatest gift God has given us in Virginia. I'm going to keep Matti there as long as I can so they can write on his heart, like they did Mighty Michael .
I pray God always gives Michael lots of people to love - because he's really good at it. He's also good at telling lots of people what to do (that's from his dad), but he realldy does have a gift when it comes to people.
If you are someone who's loved Michael well - like you Scott K, or Cocky, or Mrs. Leake, or Mrs. McDonald, or Grandma and Granpa, and Mrs. Forero adn Auntie Jeanne and the Chalklettes, and a WHOLE host of others ...
Thank you -
I think you would like what those seeds are growing up to be.

2 comments:

The Gotbeters said...

What a sweetie!! There has always been something very special about Michael!

lauren. said...

please, please, please keep us updated on home schooling. i am thrilled to hear you are embarking on such an exciting and meaningful adventure. it is my eventual plan, and you and tara get to be the guinea pigs whose mistakes and celebrations and adjustments i plan to borrow from when it's my own turn (and i can't wait!).


p.s. i love and miss you dearly. i didn't call you while i was in d.c., because (a) i am a jerk and (b) we were crazy busy, and i was at the mercy of a family-oriented schedule.

oh, yeah, and your babies growing too quickly. make it stop?

Cindy & the Wards

Cindy & the Wards
June 2008

Welcome....

The Ward 5....

Abby's finishing her freshman year in high school.

Michael's 7 and we're finishing our first year of homeschooling.

Matti's 4 and spends his time at preschool and on the trampoline knocking out teeth!

Jeff's in the 89th Squadron at Andrews AFB flying 737's and being the Director of Personnel.

I am knee deep in answered prayers, goldfish and calendars!